Aquapak’s patent-protected polymer technology is based on thermally processible polyvinyl alcohol (PVOH, PVA). The highly versatile Hydropol family of products is produced in pellet form to enable all downstream conversion processing methods to be used.
Hydropol has many useful material properties:
- Tailored solubility
- Exceptional barrier properties against solvents, grease, oils, fats, waxes, oxygen, CO2 and Nitrogen
- High tensile strength and puncture resistance
- Heat Sealable
- Electrostatic Resistant
- Naturally resistant to ambient UV
- Printable without pre-treatment
- Stable & Storable
- Recyclable & Biodegradable
- Environmentally safe
Hydropol™ can be processed into a single layer or co-ex film, a laminate or extrusion coating, a barrier layer, or made into fibers and nonwovens. Hydropol is compatible with other biopolymers to form completely new biomaterials with exceptional functionality and multi-end of life options. The thermal stability and properties of Hydropol™ enable its use in other polymer processes such as injection molding, blow molding and thermoforming.