Thanks to Aquapak’s patent-protected technology, Hydropol™ is ideal for thermoprocessing and therefore ideal to make consumer goods such as clothing tag ties, golf tees and spice shakers through injection moulding (injection molding) with Hydropol™ in standard IM machinery.
Why use Hydropol for injection moulding?
- Hydropol™ is supplied in standard resin pellet form and can be used in existing injection moulding machines
- Hydropol™ is non-toxic and marine safe
- Being a hydrophilic (water-loving) polymer, Hydropol™ is a water-soluble plastic that can be used for manufacturing a range of consumer goods
- End-of-life options depend on the form of the final product. These include:
- Mechanical recycling for larger injection moulded parts. Hydropol™ is identifiable in IR screening and separation. it also sinks in a sink/float separation process
- Smaller parts can be disposed by dissolving in hot water. The solution can then pass safely down the sink into the waste water system. The dissolved Hydropol™ will undergo anaerobic digestion in the sewage treatment plant.